The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What information will I need to apply for benefits?
You will need:
- Social security number,
- Your state issued driver’s license or ID card number
- The names and addresses of employers you worked for during the past 18 months, along with your quarterly gross earnings
- The dates (first and last day of employment) with each employer.
- Your most recent employer’s Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) account number or Federal ID number. Providing the account number may speed up the processing of your claim. The employer’s Federal ID number appears on your annual W-2 form).
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration number and the expiration date of your work authorization.
For more information about filing for benefits, view Fact Sheet 160, Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Michigan.