The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Who is eligible for LWA?
Claimants who are unemployed or under employed because of a disruption caused by COVID-19 and whose current weekly benefit amount (WBA) is at least $100.
The program is available to individuals who have a weekly entitlement for unemployment insurance from one of the programs below:
- Unemployment compensation, including regular State Unemployment Compensation, Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE) and Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service members (UCX)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Extended Benefits (EB)
- Work Share
- Trade Readjustment Assistance (TRA)
- Payments under the Self-Employment Assistance (SEA) program.
Individuals receiving Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) are not eligible for LWA.