The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
UIA Community Connect
|The UIA Community Connect program works to expand efforts in underserved communities by seeking new partnerships with community groups to support them in assisting their customers/members with unemployment-related issues. The program provides community liaisons who will work closely with community, faith based or cultural organizations to identify barriers and provide solutions for expanding access to unemployment assistance.|
Services to be provided:
- Outreach and education on the unemployment insurance system to community partners across the state.
- Identify gaps and barriers that exist with accessing unemployment insurance benefits.
- Assist employers with their questions on unemployment and assist in the event of layoff.
- Participate in community events to educate and provide agency resources.
- Connect unemployed customers or employers needing assistance to resources within the agency that can assist.
- Facilitate communication with underserved groups, provide UI information and resources, and obtain critical information and feedback that the agency can use to proactively address barriers.
Information will be added as events are scheduled.
Contact Community Connect at UIA-Community-Connect@Michigan.gov