Who is MARVIN?
MARVIN, Michigan's Automated Response Voice Interactive Network, allows you to report your eligibility for benefits by phone.
MARVIN's statewide toll-free number is 1-866-638-3993.
To Use MARVIN
To use MARVIN all you need is:
- your Social Security Number
- your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
MARVIN allows you to:
- phone-in your continued weeks of unemployment
- ask for information about your benefit payment; such as the date your last payment was made and the amount
Using MARVIN to phone-in your continued weeks of unemployment is mandatory. Contact UIA at 1-866-500-0017 if for some reason you are unable to use MARVIN, or if:
- you are in a training program approved by UIA
- you are claiming a flexible week
- you are self-employed and submitting a profit and loss statement
- you are not able to use MARVIN, for whatever reason.
Before calling MARVIN's statewide toll-free number 1-866-638-3993, there are a few things you need to do:
- Read the entire unemployment insurance information booklet you received by mail before you phone-in your biweekly claim. Have your responses ready to enter.
- Select your four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Know the week ending dates for the weeks you are claiming. You must use Saturday's date for the week ending date.