- Collection Development Strategy
Read about how and why the Library of Michigan chooses what is included in MeL. The strategy statement clarifies for the public, Michigan libraries and MeL staff the methodology used for selecting resources as well as the responsibility for the collections. MeL consists of a suite of subscription databases, a shared statewide catalog, portals including curricular-based resources and Michigan history collections, and selected best Web sites for kids, teens, business, jobs, government, health, legal, and books and literacy which includes library and information science.
- MeLCat Video We are delighted to introduce this short and sweet video on how to use MeLCat, the shared statewide catalog in the Michigan eLibrary (MeL). Produced by Jeff Zachwiega, Coordinator of Library Electronic Resources at Oakland Community College for MeL, our new MeLCat video takes the user step by step in making a MeLCat request.
MeLCat libraries are encourage to link to or embed the new video on their websites. There are now over 400 public, academic, K12 and special libraries participating in MeLCat from all over the State of Michigan. Check here to see if your library participates.
- MeLCat Policies and Procedures Policies, procedures, lending and borrowing rules, how to join MeLCat, MeLCat committee information and news about expanding MyMeL.
- Technical Support
- MeLCat AV Policy Waiver Form Note: scroll to the bottom of this page and use your username and password to enter the MeLCat libraries-only portion of the site.
- MeL Gateways This is your entry point to all the MeL resources available on specific topics we have found to be of particular interest to Michigan residents. MeL Gateways suggest Best of the Web sites with a concentration on Michigan, focused databases for full-text articles form magazines, journals, newspapers and other publications, and suggested MeLCat searches for relevant books and non-print materials.
- MeL Databases: More than 40 Subscription Databases MeL offers a core set of subscription databases for Michigan residents. The $2.3 million worth of electronic resources includes millions of full text articles.
- Serials Solutions A-Z List This is an alphabetical list of full-text periodicals and newspapers included in MeL databases.
- Technical Support