State Aid: www.michigan.gov/librarystateaid
STATE AID FY2019
The new state aid rates have been computed and we have received an increase of 9%, giving us a total of $12,067,700 to be paid out for FY2019.
Per capita breakdown of $.39689 for direct and indirect state aid to public libraries. Cooperative per capita of $.39689 and a density payment of $7.94 per square mile.
The FY2019 Public Library Annual Report/State Aid Application report will be available for submission from October 1, 2018 and close on February 1, 2019.
Payments will be processed as follows: 1st 50% payment will be made after your state aid/annual report is reviewed. The remaining 50% will be paid after July 1, 2019.
Please note that state aid reports are reviewed in the order that they are received. Reviews are completed after the close date of February 1, 2019.
- FY 2018 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
State Aid Paid to Public Libraries as of 8/01/2018.
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- Historical Comparison of State Aid Grants to Public Libraries and Cooperatives
A comparison of State Aid grants received from 1998 to 2017 with an estimate for 2018.
- State Aid Per Capita Rates 1998-2018
- State Aid Eligibility: Staffing Requirements by Library Class Size
- Michigan Public Libraries by Governance and Class Size
An overview of Michigan's public libraries by library type and library class size as of 4/2/2018
- County Library Reimbursable Salary Form
- State Aid Act (PA 89 of 1977) Specific legislative language of the State Aid to Public Libraries Act of 1977.
- Penal Fines Fact Sheet (Public Act 59, 1964)
- Penal Fines FAQ
The Library of Michigan often receives inquiries about the penal fines population certification process. The FAQ and flow chart provides useful information on this process.
- Distribution of Penal Fines in District and Municipal Courts A short description of how penal fines are distributed in Michigan's district and municipal courts
- Michigan Penal Fine Distribution Report 2017
- Ten-Year Penal Fine Comparisons Report (2008-2017)
- Five-Year County Penal Fine Comparison Report (2013-2017)
- Michigan Department of Treasury Personal Property Tax Reimbursements
On June 27, 2018, Governor Snyder signed into law 2018 Public Act 247 and 2018 Public Act 248. These acts make significant changes to the Local community Stabilization Authority Act and the calculation of personal property tax (PPT) reimbursements.
- Article from The Center for Michigan Bridge publication on property tax assessments and dark stores