State Aid: www.michigan.gov/librarystateaid
STATE AID UPDATE: The final FY2018 50% State Aid to Public Libraries will be $0.184670 per capita for direct and indirect state aid. Cooperative direct state aid per capita will be $.184670 and density payment of $3.695 per square mile.
The final payments will be processed on July 26, 2018.
A listing for all final payments will be posted here on the website after payments are processed.
PENAL FINES NEWS: It is that time of the year when The Library of Michigan reports certified population reports to all County Treasurer’s for distribution of penal fines. Population is based upon service area at 6/30/18. Please note that distribution to your libraries should be on or before August 1, 2018.
- FY 2018 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
State Aid Paid to Public Libraries as of 7/03/2018.
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- Historical Comparison of State Aid Grants to Public Libraries and Cooperatives
A comparison of State Aid grants received from 1998 to 2017 with an estimate for 2018.
- State Aid Per Capita Rates 1998-2018
- State Aid Eligibility: Staffing Requirements by Library Class Size
- Michigan Public Libraries by Governance and Class Size
An overview of Michigan's public libraries by library type and library class size as of 4/2/2018
- County Library Reimbursable Salary Form
- State Aid Act (PA 89 of 1977) Specific legislative language of the State Aid to Public Libraries Act of 1977.
- Penal Fines Fact Sheet (Public Act 59, 1964)
- Penal Fines FAQ
The Library of Michigan often receives inquiries about the penal fines population certification process. The FAQ and flow chart provides useful information on this process.
- Distribution of Penal Fines in District and Municipal Courts A short description of how penal fines are distributed in Michigan's district and municipal courts
- Michigan Penal Fine Distribution Report 2017
- Ten-Year Penal Fine Comparisons Report (2008-2017)
- Five-Year County Penal Fine Comparison Report (2013-2017)
- Michigan Department of Treasury Personal Property Tax Reimbursements
A powerpoint presentation is available on this site as well as other helpful information to understand the process of property tax reimbursement for all operating and debt millages.
- Article from The Center for Michigan Bridge publication on property tax assessments and dark stores