Below are links to early literacy resources in Michigan and around the country. For a short overview of the program, view the Michigan Reads! Overview, a 6 minute recorded webinar. You can also find background information in the About Michigan Reads! section and materials from individual program years in the links on the left.
- Every Child Ready to Read - Workshops for Librarians and Parents
- Statewide Early Literacy Training for Public Library Staff 2013 Materials from the New York State Library for public library staff.
- Reach out and Read Developmental Milestones of Early Literacy (English)
- Michigan Department of Education "Collaborating for Success" Parent Engagement Toolkit
- Early On - Michigan
- Collaborating for Success - MDE Parent Engagement Toolkit
- Ready to Read Ready to Read at New York Public Libraries has a significant amount of early literacy materials for libraries.
- Too Small to Fail Guides and training materials from the Too Small to Fail campaign to improve health and well-being of children age 0 to 5.
- Storytime Skill Builders
Videos on Adult Participation, Bilingual Storytime, Dialogic Reading, Gross Motor Skills, etc. from Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy
Many More Books to Read by Age Group or Theme. Hosted at the Internet Archive.
- Books for Adults Who Read to Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Mother Goose Best Book Lists
- Recommended Literature List
California Dept. of Education database of K-12 literature with annotations that include Michigan's content standards, non-English language items, cultural relevancy, etc.
- How to do a Lapsit Storytime from the State Library of Iowa
- Add It Up: Libraries Make the Difference from the American Library Association
- Storytime Underground
Great site with Guerilla Storytime materials, Storytime University and lots and lots of ideas for librarians.
- Association for Library Service to Children A resource for those supporting children's literacy development through libraries, the website includes booklists, a list of the most notable children's books by year, and website suggestions for children.
- Campaign for Grade Level Reading
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning This website is a national resource center than includes multiple resources for educators, including research briefs, tool kits, training modules, and booklists.
- Colorin Colorado This bilingual website provides information for parents and educators of children who are English language learners. The site includes information about supporting literacy development, research, tip sheets for parents and educators, and booklists.
- Heifer International
- Let's Read, Let's Move at Serve.Gov
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Parents & Summer Reading Resources from the Collaborative Summer Library Program
- Reach Out and Read See the Resource Center section.
- Reading Is Fundamental
- Reading Rockets
- Saroj Ghoting's Early Childhood Literacy Site
Includes training materials, handouts, research information, etc.
- Talking is Teaching Resources and tips on what you can do to help your baby thrive during the first 36 months.
- Spell Project - Supporting Parents in Early Literacy through Libraries The Colorado State Library's SPELL Project -- Supporting Parents in Early Literacy through Libraries
- Zero to Three Zero to Three is a website that provides information to parents and caregivers about the social-emotional development of infants and toddlers. The site includes downloadable resources, webinars, and other tools to support the development of social-emotional skills.