Below are links to early literacy resources in Michigan and around the country.
- Camp Wonderopolis
- Day By Day VA: Family Literacy Calendar 365 days of activities, book suggestions, materials, etc. Great site!
- Lil Fingers Interactive Storybooks
- Literacy Center Education Network
- PBS Kids Ready to Learn
- Play Grow Read! from the Kent District Library
- Read Aloud.org
Site encouraging 15 minutes of reading a day to young children
- Preschool Express
- Reading Rockets Reading Tips for Parents by Grade
- Ready 2 Read!
- Storyblocks Short video demonstrations of early literacy teaching techniques from the Colorado State Library
- Views2 Early Literacy Techniques Demonstrations of teaching alphabetic knowledge, communication, comprehension, language use, phonological awareness, print concepts, vocabulary and writing concepts in story time. Videos done by the University of Washington Information School. See links on the right side of the page.
No articles at this time.
- Association for Library Service to Children A resource for those supporting children's literacy development through libraries, the website includes booklists, a list of the most notable children's books by year, and website suggestions for children.
- Campaign for Grade Level Reading
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning This website is a national resource center than includes multiple resources for educators, including research briefs, tool kits, training modules, and booklists.
- Colorin Colorado This bilingual website provides information for parents and educators of children who are English language learners. The site includes information about supporting literacy development, research, tip sheets for parents and educators, and booklists.
- Heifer International
- Let's Read, Let's Move at Serve.Gov
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Parents & Summer Reading Resources from the Collaborative Summer Library Program
- Reach Out and Read See the Resource Center section.
- Reading Is Fundamental
- Reading Rockets
- Saroj Ghoting's Early Childhood Literacy Site
Includes training materials, handouts, research information, etc.
- Spell Project - Supporting Parents in Early Literacy through Libraries The Colorado State Library's SPELL Project -- Supporting Parents in Early Literacy through Libraries
- Talking is Teaching Resources and tips on what you can do to help your baby thrive during the first 36 months.
- Zero to Three Zero to Three is a website that provides information to parents and caregivers about the social-emotional development of infants and toddlers. The site includes downloadable resources, webinars, and other tools to support the development of social-emotional skills.