Hamtramck Police Department
Police Dispatcher/Jailer- Part Time
Opening Date: 03/22/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Description Summary:
Receives emergency calls from the public and dispatches police or contacts other emergency agencies, as appropriate. Processes incoming arrests and performs essential jail duties. Also provides administrative support to the Police Department.
Essential Job Duties:
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Receive calls requesting immediate police and other emergency services; dispatch police or contact appropriate emergency agencies/personnel; effectively interface with callers to obtain required information and provide reassurance, as necessary; accurately complete related department logs and records regarding emergency call activities.
- Receive incoming 911 calls, obtains essential information including, but not limited to, the type of emergency and location, and dispatch police, fire or other emergency vehicles as required.
- Receives incoming administrative calls and handle or route them correctly.
- Receive fire alarms, and relay information to fire dispatch.
- Operate computer terminal, radio and other communication equipment.
- Transmits and receive routine and emergency communications over the police radio.
- Process various forms and reports relative to Police Department activities such as incident and arrest reports, regular and special reports.
- Receive and write walk-in reports and citizen complaints.
- Perform LEIN and CLEMIS operations at the request of on-scene police officers or other authorized personnel regarding driving and criminal records, wants and warrants, vehicle registration information, etc.
- Prisoner Booking and Housing: Perform a variety of tasks related to the security, custody, processing and searching of prisoners including booking.
- Perform related Police Department duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass background check, psychological evaluation and drug screening.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License.
$15.00 per hour