Cranbrook Educational Community
Security and Safety Dispatcher
Opening Date: 04/11/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Contact Person: Calvin Vincent
Phone Number: 248-645-3041
The Security and Safety Dispatcher is responsible for documenting the entire shifts’ activities from start to finish, assisting callers over the phone, and monitoring all security and fire systems including but not limited to; IP Cameras, Access Control, Mass Notification, SIMENS Fire Panels, and Two-way radios. Dispatchers are responsible for dispatching campus security to emergency and non-emergency calls, coordinating local first responders to emergency situations, and informing department leadership of ongoing campus incidents. This position will work closely with shift supervision to ensure shift assignments, calls, and emergencies are handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
- High school diploma or GED required (Associate Degree preferred).
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience preferred in dispatch, telecommunications, or a campus security setting.
- CPR, First Aid, AED and Bloodborne Pathogens Training required or obtained within 30 days of hiring.
- Knowledge of IP based cameras, access control, fire systems and two-way radios required.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- In-depth knowledge of campus layout, buildings, and roadways.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license with satisfactory driving record is required.
This is a part-time position, working 32 hours per week on second shift (3:00pm – 11:00pm).
For consideration, please submit a resume and completed Employee Application to:
Cranbrook – HR
P.O. Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801
or fax to (248) 645-3014, or email email@example.com.