Cranbrook Educational Community
Security and Safety Officer
Opening Date: 04/11/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Contact Person: Calvin Vincent
Phone Number: 248-645-3041
The Security and Safety Officer promotes and provides general security and safety for Cranbrook Educational Community. This position will continually patrol Cranbrook Campus by both vehicle and foot while responding to calls for assistance, performing shift specific unlocks and lockups, traffic control, reporting safety and security concerns or hazards, and responding to all campus emergencies. Security Officers deter criminal acts against property, vehicles, residents, students, faculty, staff and visitors of Cranbrook Educational Community.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience preferred in security, safety, loss prevention or similar work background.
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training required or obtained within 30 days of hiring.
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS), IP based cameras, access control, fire systems and two-way radios preferred.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license with satisfactory driving record is required.
This is a part-time position working 32 hours per week on 1st shift (7:30am – 3:30pm).
For consideration, please submit a resume and completed Employee Application to:
Cranbrook – HR
P.O. Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801
or fax to (248) 645-3014, or email email@example.com.