Uniformed Security Officer-Rockford
Opening Date: 03/14/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
DK Security is Michigan's fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients. DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team! DK Security is currently recruiting to fill open positions in the Northern Kent County area!
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- May operate x-ray and/or metal detection equipment where the equipment is deployed.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Officers will NOT smoke while in DK Uniform, on or off duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent -some college is preferred.
- Must have at least 6 months experience in security, law enforcement, military, or a related field.
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming -i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in use of computers/technology; specifically Microsoft office products, internet, and email.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize security specific and company specific software programs.
- Prior experience with CCTV and access control systems is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified prior certification is preferred.
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act A.D.A and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Rate of Pay: $13.00- 15.00/hour -starting pay is based on prior experience. For part-time employees, DK Security offers the following voluntary benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, and short term disability.
2nd / 3rd Shift during the week and on weekends 1st Shift on the weekends 16-32+ hours per week* Part-Time
Uniform Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site's building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
Northern Kent County region -Michigan
Site Supervisor or Operations Manager
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security's job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status. M/F EEO/AA Employer