Armed Security Officer
Opening Date: 05/20/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team! DK Security is currently recruiting to fill open positions in the Lansing, MI area!
LOCATION: Lansing/ Grand Ledge, MI
TITLE: Armed Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $13.20/hour
Benefits: DK Security offers the following voluntary benefits: medical (full-time employees only), dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, and short-term disability.
1st, 2nd , and 3rd shift; weekends and holidays’
16-32+ hours/week (part-time)
Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, tenants and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters.
- Guard posts – this may include gatehouses, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television and may be required to make rounds of the area.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May direct traffic on the premises and issue parking violations.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Monitor many computer systems and alarms.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior to check gates, entrances, doors, windows and vents.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must have at least 6 months experience in security, law enforcement, military, or a related field.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and CPL (Concealed Pistol License).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in use of computers/technology; specifically Microsoft office products, internet, and email. Ability to quickly learn and utilize security specific and company specific software programs.
- Prior experience with CCTV and access control systems is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of procedures on use of wire and radio communications and report writing.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred)
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (**Note: Due to carrying a weapon for this position, individuals taking medications which might affect the mental demands or physical demands WILL be required to get a medical clearance). While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.