Security Operations Manager
Opening Date: 06/21/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
DK Security is recruiting for the position of Security Operations Manager in the Lansing, MI area. You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully.
TITLE: Security Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: Uniform Security Site Supervisors and Security Officers
- Rate of Pay: starting at $37,500/annually + Benefits
- Benefits for full-time employees include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Term/Whole/Supplemental Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, and 401K.
1st Shift Monday-Friday
*Shift times may vary to fit business needs; MUST have flexible availability*
40+ hours/ week (Full-Time)
This position is responsible for providing leadership and management of the overall contract and temporary Security Operations in the Western MI Region. The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting and contributing to the company-wide business development initiatives and overall vision and goals of the Company.
- Contract Management: Manage and provide leadership for Supervisors and Security Officers in ensuring that they are maintaining client relationships, treating employees with care and following all company policies.
- Oversee the relationships between client contact and assigned assistant operations manager.
- Ensure that each Supervisor is completing the required number of site visits.
- Ensure that the Supervisors are outfitting all employees in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure that Supervisors are maintaining positive relationships with employees.
- Complete objective, performance based, written appraisals of subordinates based on published Post Order of Position Descriptions of subordinates within 14 days of their anniversary date. Ensure Supervisors are doing the same for their subordinates.
- Implement progressive disciplinary actions for subordinate violations of Company or Client Policy as necessary, in strict accordance with established company policy after consultation and direction for Human Resources. No employee will be suspended or discharged without consultation and input from the Human Resources department.
- Client Relations: Personally foster relationships with all client contacts and maintain consistent contact.
- Billable: Must work on average, 16 hours per week in a billable capacity.
- Employee Training: Maintain up to date training programs including general officer training and supervisor training. Conduct bi-annual to quarterly supervisor trainings/meetings. Organize and ensure appropriate employees are trained in CPR/ First Aid/ MFR, etc.
- Recruiting: Work in coordination with Human Resources to continue efforts to recruit and deploy the highest quality work force.
- Temporary Accounts: Oversee all temporary assignments in your designated region ensuring an MOU and post guidelines are written and that the necessary information is communicated to the assigned employees prior to deployment.
- Overtime Management: Ensure that the Uniform Security accounts maintain non-billable overtime below Company established threshold.
- Payroll: Ensure accurate and complete submission of all billing and payroll data division wide and within Company established timelines.
- Site Visits: Conduct site inspections for each assigned account. Each site visit shall be documented and reported in the prescribed format in a timely fashion.
- All Staff Meetings: Participate in scheduled staff meetings and be prepared to brief on assigned account “opportunities” and “challenges.”
- Site Equipment and Uniforms: Maintain an inventory of all DK owned equipment and employee uniforms used by subordinates by assigned account.
- Incident Reports: Review and approve all written reports of investigation generated by assigned personnel. Such review shall insure that the report accurately and concisely documents all incidents/accidents that occur on property owned, controlled of maintained by the client that have been submitted in the proper format within 48 hours.
- On-Call: Be available at all times to receive calls from subordinates with site questions while the officers are on duty and to handle scheduling issues (sick employees) and make necessary changes. The Operations Manager will be provided with a monthly telephone allowance to handle such off-hours matters. The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for filling all shifts with the assistance of the Supervisors and DK Command Center.
- Business Development: Will be responsible for making tangible efforts to grow the business in the assigned region.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the appropriate authority within the scope of the position.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal or sexual conduct of related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Business Administrations from an accredited college or University is strongly preferred. Further, a concentration in Security Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience as a security manager or above in government or corporate service is highly desirable.
- Must have (or be willing and able to quickly obtain) a Concealed Pistols License (CPL).
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division at a minimum.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Note: Internal Candidates with an active disciplinary action in his/her personnel file will NOT be considered for this position.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status. M/F EEO/AA Employer