Armed Security Officer
Opening Date: 06/03/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
DK Security is Michigan's fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients. DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
DK Security is recruiting for the position of Armed Security Officers in Mt. Clemens, MI at SELFRIDGE AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE (Harrison Township). You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete our online application. Veterans/Retirees encouraged to apply!
TITLE: Armed Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Security Site Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $15.00-$15.50/hour
DK Security offers the following voluntary benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, critical illness, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits and paid time off.
All shifts available; weekends and holidays' Shift Times: 1st Shift:0500-1330, 2nd Shift:1300-2130, 3rd Shift 2100-0530 24-32+ hours/week part-time
Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site's building, grounds, assets, employees, tenants and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters.
- Guard posts – this may include gatehouses, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television and may be required to make rounds of the area.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May direct traffic on the premises and issue parking violations.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Monitor many computer systems and alarms.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior to check gates, entrances, doors, windows and vents.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a High school diploma or GED Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude.
- Must pass an extensive pre-employment criminal background screen & drug screen (testing for several illegal drugs, as well as marijuana).
- Armed security or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Must have valid drivers' license and CPL (Concealed Pistol License).
- Ability to read and write fluently and effectively.
- Must have knowledge of procedures on use of wire and radio communications and report writing.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Medical First Responder certified preferred.
- Must be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be neat, fit, well groomed, and present a professional image.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.