Security Operations Specialist
Opening Date: 07/17/2019
Closing Date: 08/31/2019
Contact Person: Natalie Storrer
The Security Operations Specialist is responsible for Wolverine Worldwide’s corporate campus physical security and security operations. Responsible for the daily activities of local vendor security force - responds to medicals, fires, and other site emergencies as well as non-emergency security issues. Provides physical security on the campus grounds. Conducts and ensures the daily work of the security officers (full-time and contract) supporting access control and video systems.
- Oversee corporate campus vendor security team for assigned location
- Coordinate with Management and corporate departments concerning all Loss Prevention issues and programs within the facilities. (i.e. Employee & visitor security and safety, physical security, facility egress)
- Secures property, personnel, and assets by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; and inspecting buildings
- Responds to emergencies (i.e. weather, medical, fire, and hazmat); notifies/activates public emergency responders; assists with evacuations; manages emergency; debrief and write incident reports
- Assist first responders with access to buildings, facilities and knowledge of all areas of the complex
- Provide basic first aid including CPR under emergency conditions
- Staff access control points; permitting entry; visitor management; and challenging unauthorized individuals
- Communicates via multi-line telephone system, cellphone, text message, callboxes, and radio devices
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures
- Completes daily log reports and incident reports via computerized reporting systems
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly audits of security tools and systems
- Schedule guards for shifts, vacations, holidays and filling vacancies at the direction of the WWW Global Security Specialist or Supply Chain Security Manager
- Direct, supervise and manage subordinate security guards in the execution of duties
- Assist with onboarding new guards, document training and performance of team
- Assist with maintaining updated post guidelines, emergency procedures and ensuring security guards are properly trained
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associate degree in criminal justice or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen observation skills, ability to detect irregularities, threats and hazards
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, run or stand for long periods of time
- Capable of following complex instructions, multi-tasking and making sound decisions under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle confrontation and verbally de-escalate
- Experience with alarm systems, CCTV, and card access
- Computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word, ability
- Experience operating within a command center
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally fill in nights and weekends, receive phone calls and respond to emergencies 24/7
- Be available after hours for questions regarding site issues, post orders or schedule adjustments
- Supervisory experience in a security, law enforcement or military setting
Normal office environment.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).