Siena Heights University
Public Safety Officer Part-Time
Opening Date: 07/25/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Contact Person: Human Resources
Phone Number: 517-264-7106
Siena Heights University invites applications for the position of a part-time Public Safety Officer i.e. 30 hours/week. This position primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of the Siena Heights Community.
- Works as a team member to maintain a safe campus
- Knows the procedures for opening rounds and closing rounds
- Works stationary posts when needed
- Performs safety rounds and safety checks
- Performs parking rounds
- Performs desk duties per department procedures
- Answers switchboard and security phones
- Dispatch duties as per department procedures
- First response for emergency situations per proper protocol
- Responds to fire alarms on or off duty according to department policy
- Proficiency in departmental procedures for fire alarms and drills
- Attend a one-week training session in the fall and any other training as requested
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Performs crowd control when needed
- Takes complaints and reports
- Reports any criminal activities properly and promptly
- Proficient in camera operations and performs camera rounds according to current staff requirements
- Scheduling/checking in and out of University vehicles per procedures
- Follows the rules and regulations of Siena Heights University as outlined in the Saints Guide and the Employee Handbook
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Prefer two years of post secondary education and/or prior management or supervisory experience.
- Experience in law enforcement, security, or related field is desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with others.
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to keep calm in emergency or conditions where others are agitated.
- First aid , CPR, and fire safety certificated.
- Must be able to take control of volatile situations.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their cover letter with salary requirements, Curriculum Vita/resume, and a list of professional references to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please reference the job title of this position to ensure timely review and distribution of your materials. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.