Flat Rock Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Opening Date: 11/29/2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
November 30, 2021
The City of Flat Rock Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. The Flat Rock Police Department's mission is to protect the livers and property of the community we serve, to reduce crime and enhance the safety of the public and to do so with integrity, honor and respect.
Position Summary/Job Description
In a full-time capacity: Perform the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer doing general patrol, regulate traffic, protect life, property and prevent criminal activity; assist at traffic accident scenes, medical emergencies and fire emergencies; investigating criminal activities by obtaining and compiling information regarding those crimes; prepare cases for filing charge, testifying in court and related activities and carrying out duties in the conformance of Federal, State, County and City laws and ordinances. This position requires substantial contact with the general public, court officials, city officials and other law enforcement agencies in the performance of police operating activities.
- Starting Salary: $53,027.52 ($24.28-Hourly)
- Defined Benefit Pension Retirement Plan (MERS)
- Retirement 457 Plan (Up to 5% Match)
- Differed Compensation Program
- Medical: HAP Health Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- 84 Hours of vacation time after one year of service
- 240 hours max
- 21 Years of age
- Legally Employable in the United States
- Associates Degree from accredited college or university
- Must meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Licensed or licensable to become a Michigan Law Enforcement Officer
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- No Felony Convictions
- All candidates must pass a background investigation, psychological examination, physical examination and drug screen.
Individuals interested in applying for the position need to provide a current resume' and employment application that may be found at flatrockmi.org under the Departments/City Clerks Office/Police Officer Application tabs. All applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com or in person to the Flat Rock Police Department: Attention Chief Jerry Page. Any questions can be direct to Chief Page at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734 782-2496.
The City of Flat Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability of other factors prohibited by law.