St Joseph Township Police Department: Police Officer Opening Date: 12/20/2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
December 21, 2021
St. Joseph Charter Township Police Department is accepting resumes for a full time police officer position. Officer patrols the Township in order to enforce state and federal laws. Duties to include but not limited to: investigate criminal activities, police accident scenes, respond to domestic and other disputes, and respond to a variety of services within the Township.
- Be a US Citizen
- No arrest record
- Good moral character
- Possess a valid operator's license
- Free from physical, chronic or organic diseases which may impair the performance of the essential job functions of a law enforcement officer or which may endanger the lives of others or the law enforcement officer.
- Possess normal hearing as defined by MCOLES Standards.
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision in each eye, includes peripheral vision, depth perception, and night vision.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable at the time the application is filed, must provide copy of licensure or letter from MCOLES with application.
- Must be free from mental/emotional disorders which may impair the performance of the essential job functions of a law enforcement officer or which may endanger the lives of others or the law enforcement officer.
- Computer skills desirable.
- Applicants must be: MCOLES licensed and/or licensable
Full Time Officers Wage:
Wages range from $29.08 to start, increasing to $35.83 per hour after three years.
Full Time Benefits:
- Sick Leave
- Uniforms Furnished/Cleaned
- Footwear provided
- Longevity Pay
- Health Insurance: Optical, Dental, Disability Life Insurance MERS Defined Benefit Pension Plan