Benton Harbor Department of Public SafetyPublic Safety Officer/Police OfficerOpening Date: 01/01/2022Closing Date: Until Filled
January 06, 2022
TRUST. LOYALTY. COMMITTMENT. The Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for full-time position(s) for Public Safety Officer. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a quality FTO program as well as on-going training, and opportunity for advancement/specialization. LATERAL TRANSFER STARTING PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work 12-hour shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation, and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct.
- Participates in investigating criminal law violations within the City limits, obtaining evidence and compiling reports, preparing cases, testifying in court, and related activities.
- Respond to fire calls and perform the tasks of FF1 and FF2 LATERAL TRANSFER available based on years of service up to three years: Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply regardless of police academy or fire school status. Academy sponsorships are considered.
Out of state applicants:
Virtual hiring process during initial stages of the process. Sponsorship toward obtaining MCOLES and MFFTC certifications.
- 12-hour shifts
- All uniforms and equipment provided
- Uniform dry cleaning provided
- External load bearing ballistic vests
- Overtime opportunities available
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid State driver's license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
Hours and Wages:
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $39,000 - $66,414, plus a benefits package. Rate of pay starting with no training in either discipline $39,000 Rate of pay with Police training and no Fire training is $41,300 Rate of pay starting with both disciplines $47,643 Lateral with Three years is paid $52,770
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Employment Application to:
CITY OF BENTON HARBOR
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
200 E. WALL
BENTON HARBOR, MI 49022
APPLY AT WWW.BHCITY.US