Evart Police Department: Community Resource Officer Opening Date: 01/10/2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
January 10, 2022
The City of Evart is currently accepting resumes for a full-time police officer to fill the role of Community Resource Officer. Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Providing the Evart Community Schools with a daily law enforcement presence.
- Work with school staff and administrators to educate students and parents on the importance of maintaining a safe learning environment.
- Handling/investigating school incidents that require law enforcement intervention.
- Work with school staff and emergency management to maintain the school safety plan.
- Respond and follow-up on behavioral health complaints.
- Collaborating with agencies and organizations to create a proactive response plan for providing health and human service resources for the community.
- Working with the community to address concerns on crime and crime prevention.
This is sworn law enforcement position with arrest powers.
Qualifications include at a minimum:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a police officer is required.
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Applicants must be MCOLES licensed or licensable.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years or older, at time of employment.
- Valid operator's license/Good driving history.
- No felony convictions.
- Successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process, and drug/alcohol screening.
Candidates for this position shall be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary to provide the City of Evart with the best law enforcement coverage possible. Applicants with documented training and/or a practical application background working with behavior crisis management are desired.
The City of Evart is an Equal Opportunity Employer