Washtenaw Community College: Campus Resource Officer - Sworn Police Opening Date: 01/13/2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
January 19, 2022
Washtenaw Community College is currently hiring for a Campus Resource Officer - Sworn Police.
- No Midnights, No Holidays & limited weekends
- Small & safe (one of the safest colleges & universities in the state of Michigan)
- An inclusive, welcoming environment for our students, faculty & staff
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree required, OR equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, drug screening, psychological exam, and physical examination.
- Possess a valid Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) police certification or have met the requirements of MCOLES certification upon hire.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a law enforcement officer OR experience working in a college/university as a non-sworn public safety officer for a minimum of ten (10) years and be certifiable upon hire by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in police department operations which should include investigations, patrol, community policing, evidence collection, leadership, and modern-day policing principles.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record as required by the college insurer.
- Ability to professionally and confidentially investigate sensitive issues at all levels within the campus and to effectively present findings.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong report-writing skills.
- Service oriented. Ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the College.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings and all days of the week as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required, and subject to 24-hour on-call for emergencies.
- Must have the ability to meet physical demands listed above.
To apply you must complete an application here https://jobs.wccnet.edu/postings/12157
This position will be open until filled.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.