Farmington Hills Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: September 30, 2022
March 29, 2022
Job Title: Police Officer
Pay Rate: $80,202 (after three years of service)
The City of Farmington Hill is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time entry-level Police Officer. The City of Farmington Hills is a 33.3 square mile city located in Oakland County.
Here are of some of the benefits provided by the Farmington Hills Police Department:
• Annual salary $55,706-$80,202
• Uniforms paid for by the department
• Longevity Pay (up to 10%)
• Defined benefit (age & years of service required)
• Medical, dental, and optical insurance
• Educational reimbursement
• Vacation time up to 25 days per year - based on number of years of service
• Step two pay ($70,314) available for lateral hires with 24 months police experience
• Academy sponsorship through the Farmington Hills Police Cadet program
Various bureaus and positions available at the Farmington Hills Police Department:
• Patrol division
• Detective Bureau
• K9 officer
• School Resource officer (SRO)
• Task Force Officer (Drug Enforcement Administration, Secret Service, Narcotics Enforcement Team, Auto-theft)
• Oakland County SWAT
• Traffic Division
• Directed Patrol
• Drone Pilot
• Evidence Technician
Previous Work Experience: Candidates must be MCOLES certified or certifiable in Michigan as a police officer at the time of a conditional job offer.
• 60 credit hours (90 quarter semester hours) for previously certified / lateral transfer officers.
• Associate degree for newly certified officers / academy recruits.
Special Skills & Training: Valid Michigan driver’s license with no more than two hazardous violations in five years and no more than four current points from date of application. Driving record, criminal history and prior police contacts will also be considered. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident. Applicants must have attended an MCOLES-recognized police academy and must be certified or certifiable as a police officer in Michigan at the time of a conditional job offer. Applicants must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with current law enforcement technologies including Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN), Secretary of State (SOS), and all Court Law Enforcement Management Information System (CLEMIS) software/hardware.
How to Apply: Email all inquiries to JOINFHPD@FHGOV.COM
Candidates must complete a City of Farmington Hills employment application. Applications are located at www.fhgov.com or in the Human Resources Department at City Hall (31555 West Eleven Mile Road Farmington Hills, MI 48336). Please email the completed application and supporting documents to email@example.com or in person to the HR Department for consideration.