Canton Township: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: September 30, 2022
March 30, 2022
Interviews will be scheduled as qualified candidates are identified. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Canton Township reserves the right to extend immediate offers as qualified candidates are identified.
$49,148 TO $81,460
Police Officer candidates w/at least five years of experience as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer shall be eligible for a starting wage at the “after two years” rate or $66,801.
- Revised Standards of Appearance Policy – Long sleeve uniform shirts are now permitted to cover visible arm tattoos.
- Applicants must have completed a recognized police academy and have minimum of an Associate’s Degree at time of hire.
- Applicants currently enrolled and attending a recognized Police Academy that will result in an Associate’s Degree are eligible to apply.
- Successful completion of MCOLES Physical Agility Test dated within the past 12 months at time of application or at time of hire. Candidates that pass the interview will have 45 days from interview to complete the physical agility testing.
- The Canton Police Department is a full-time law enforcement agency currently budgeted for 100 sworn officers.
- Canton is a community-oriented agency, providing professional police service beyond traditional enforcement.
BARGAINING UNIT CONTRACT
Canton Township’s POAM Contract (2019 – 2022) can be viewed at: https://www.cantonmi.org/DocumentCenter/View/1866/POAM?bidId=
Opening Date: March 30, 2022
Closing Date: September 30, 2022
CONTACT PERSON: Barb Brouillette