Lowell Police Department: Part time Police Officer Closing Date: October 31, 2022
April 04, 2022
The patrol officer is the entry level position for the Lowell Police Department and the basic job function of all sworn officers. The patrol officer performs general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- MCOLES licensed (preferred) or licensable
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Possess the ability to affect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, climb, jump, run, walk, lift, and carry or drag heavy objects.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work independently and exercise independent judgement and work as a team member
- Enter/exit vehicles quickly; operate emergency vehicles
- Read and comprehend rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the law.
- Subdue resisting subjects using hands/feet while preforming defensive tactics or maneuvers
- Use approved non-lethal weapons
- Load, unload, aim and fire handguns, shotguns, and other department firearms from a variety of positions in situations that justify the use of deadly force while maintaining control under extreme stress.
Part time wage: $20.00/hour
Schedule: part time hours are available during the weekdays/week nights to fill in for full time officers training and other scheduled time off. Scheduled part time shifts occur Friday and Saturday evenings and on Sundays.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Lowell Police Department at :
111 N Monroe
Lowell, MI 49331