University of Michigan: Access Control & Security Systems Specialist Closing Date: April 29, 2022
April 13, 2022
Under the principal direction of the Operations and Infrastructure Manager, this position shall be part of a team whose primary responsibility is maintaining and administering the University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security Access Control, Video Management Systems and other Public Safety technologies.
Candidates will be required to submit a video presentation answering pre-screening questions through a third party vendor (no cost to applicant).
This position requires the candidate to successfully pass a thorough background investigation, drug screening and motor vehicle record check.
- Responsible for the programming or configuration of the access control and video management applications to include: door configurations, clearance assignments, system events, field hardware configurations, server management and other system components as needed.
- Liaison and coordinate with UM units, external vendors, software manufacturers, Architects and Engineers regarding security systems design, use, and administration.
- Partner with campus and hospital maintenance and construction units to maintain and oversee repair of field hardware components of the security systems.
- Work closely with UM Health Information Technology and Services (HITS) and UM Information Technology Services (ITS) to coordinate administration and timely maintenance of the security systems servers, security hardware inventory, software and peripherals.
- Participate in the design and review of security systems for new or renovated construction projects.
- Ensure standards and guidelines pertaining to security systems are met or maintained.
- Test and Commission systems at completion of construction.
- Provide technology support for Division of Public Safety and Security staff and operations, including basic desktop support, password and computer account assistance, and software application maintenance.
- Provide occasional on-call support via a remote connection.
- May be required to work an occasional night, evening or weekend to perform critical functions or systems maintenance.
- Attend training to maintain proficiencies and professional certifications. Training may require travel out of state.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Software House CCure 9000 Access Control software application.
- Knowledge of the Genetec Security Center Video Management System software application or equivalent enterprise wide application.
- Understanding of electronic access control, alarm systems and lock hardware preferred
- Knowledge of CCTV technologies and principles to include both analog and IP systems preferred.
- Control application software or equivalent enterprise wide application experience preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of data networking configurations, security methods and standards preferred.
All members of the Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) are considered Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
As such, you are required to report Clery reportable offenses that come to your attention. DPSS employees are required to complete Clery Compliance Training within the first 14 days of employment and annually thereafter.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Opening Date: 4/13/2022
Closing Date: 4/29/2022
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org