Thomas Township: Licensed/Licensable Police Officer Closing Date: October 31, 2022
April 19, 2022
The Thomas Township Police Department is seeking qualified individuals to apply for an open position for police officer. The individual sought are those who have taken initiative to gain higher education, have proven communication skills, demonstrated integrity, and has a passion for service and caring for the community. This is professional and community oriented work in the prevention of crime and enforcement of local and state laws. Duties involve protection of life and property through enforcement of laws and ordinances, performance of routine patrol duties, investigation of crimes and accidents, and traffic enforcement.
Thomas Township is located in western Saginaw County serving a population of approximately 12,000 residents, a medium sized business district and some large manufacturing companies.
The Police Department is a 24 hours/seven days a week full service agency and has an authorized strength of 8 full-time sworn officers and 1 full-time civilian staff.
- Licensed: current or prior sworn Police Officer status or Licensable: successful completion of a recognized State of Michigan Police Academy.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- United States citizen.
- At a minimum, possess an Associate’s Degree or have 60 college credits, with passing grades from an accredited college or university.
- Have no felony convictions, including expunged convictions. Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with a very good driving record.
- Be able to pass a background check, physical and psychological exam.
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Be of good moral character, have strong interpersonal skills and be community oriented.
Wages and Benefits
- Wage scale - $41,798 - $63,338 – depending on experience.
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances.
- Employer funded 403b pension program.
- Annual leave – based upon years of service, 64 hours of sick leave.
- Holidays – 11 per year.
- All necessary equipment and uniforms provided.
- 12-hour shifts
To apply, go to www.thomastwp.org for an employment application or one can be picked up in person at the Public Safety Building, located at 8215 Shields Dr., Saginaw, MI 48609. Completed applications with resume can be dropped off at the Public Safety Building from M – F, 8a.m. – 5p.m. or mailed to the above address. Thomas Township is an equal opportunity employer. For any questions, contact Chief Fong at 989-781-1300. The application process will remain open until the position is filled.
Closing Date: 10/31/2022
Contact Person: Chief Al Fong
Website Link: www.thomastwp.org