Bridgeport Township Police Department: Patrol Officer Closing Date: June 30, 2022
April 25, 2022
Bridgeport Charter Township is seeking applicants for a Police Officer position. This position is under the supervision and direction of the Chief of Police. Applicants must meet all position requirements as listed in the job description which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of an Associates Degree, preferably a Bachelors Degree;
- Be of good moral character,
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver's License; and
- Must have a good driving record.
Applicants must be certified or certifiable as defined by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) by date of hire. A complete job description listing all employment requirements and duties is available at the Bridgeport Charter Township Governmental Center.
Applications may be picked up at the Bridgeport Charter Township Police Department or requested by contacting Chief Duffett via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Police officer pay range: $19.67/hr, with pay raises at 6 months , 12 months, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years and $31.26/hr after 4 years. 3 or more years of experience may start at the 2 year pay scale of $25.32/hr.
- Retirement: MERS (municipal employees retirement system) b-3
- Insurance: health, dental, optical and life insurance plans
- Shift premium for hours worked between 6pm and 6am
- 14 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off with bi-annual increases
- Uniforms, weapons, duty belts and other gear provided, $100 annual benefit for boots or other approved personal gear
- 4 WD Chevrolet Tahoe police pursuit vehicles
- We also have officers that participate on the Saginaw area emergency services team and Saginaw area crash investigation team
- Offer progressive training, member of delta college consortium, in house instructors including firearms, taser and defensive tactics.
Busy, very diverse community. We cover just under 36 square miles with a population over 10,500 residents. Large amount of experience in a short time. We average over 8500 calls per year. Current staffing level includes chief, 2 patrol Sgts, 6 patrol officers, 1 uniformed investigator/detective and 1 civilian clerk/dispatcher. Future plans to implement a school resource officer.
Bridgeport Charter Township is an EOE.