The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
City of Auburn Hills: Non-Sworn Ordinance Enforcement Officer Closing Date: January 1, 2023
April 25, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforces compliance with various City ordinances including weeds, housing, building, zoning, refuse, and pollution control, and any other related codes, ordinances, and standards.
- Conducts field inspections to identify junk automobiles, dangerous structures, refuse, noxious weed growth and other areas where violation may occur and advises property owners and/or tenants of the need for compliance with various city ordinances including, general, weeds, housing, building, zoning, refuse, and pollution control.
- Upon notice of compliance or at end of time allowed for compliance the code enforcement officer makes final inspection to determine that the subject property is in conformity with code requirements.
- Investigates alleged violations, issues violation notices, and issues appearance tickets when other city ordinances and other codes under the Community Development Department's jurisdiction are not complied with and appears in court as needed to testify. Maintains adequate records and reports associated with the above duties. Maintains records of all applicable enforcement activity in the BS&A database.
- Documents inspections using camera, measuring devices, etc., and other notes needed to prepare complete documentation for use in court action resulting from ordinance violations and other legal matters.
- May appear in court to testify in cases involving department activities.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for the administration of the weed cutting program and rental housing inspection program.
- Answers inquiries of homeowners and others concerning code requirements or problems.
- Attends City Council, Zoning Board of Appeals, or Planning Commission Meetings when requested.
- Assists in office duties (including permit issuance) Provides verbal and written reports documenting work activity as requested by the Building Official and Director of Community Development.
- Delivers meeting packets to the boards and commissions supported by the Community Development Department.
- Works occasional weekend days as requested by the Director of Community Development to address temporary sign removal and other code enforcement violations.
- Other duties as required.
Closing Date: 01/01/2023
Contact Person: Human Resources Department (Jane or Bianca)
Website Link: https://www.auburnhills.org/departments/human_resources/job_postings/index.php