Melvindale Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: May 18, 2022
April 25, 2022
POLICE OFFICER CITY OF MELVINDALE APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION AND TIME OF HIRE:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Operator's license and meet minimum driving requirements.
- Have successfully completed the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards Training requirements Basic Police Academy or currently enrolled in a Michigan recognized MCOLES certified standard Police Academy.
- Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery.
- Have completed two years of credits from accredited college or university i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associates degree from an accredited institution, or have two years of sworn Police Officer experience in the last three years.
Starting base salary is $46,391.00
You can obtain an application on our website at: http://www.melvindale.org/
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122 Applicant must present college transcript, driver's license, birth certificate, and MCOLES Certification, if completed Completed applications must be postmarked or delivered in person to the Melvindale Police Department by Wednesday May 18th 2022. Applications or documents received or postmarked after Wednesday May 18th 2022 will not be considered.