City of Flushing Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: May 31, 2022
May 10, 2022
The City of Flushing is seeking applicants for a Full Time Certified Police Officer position. The City of Flushing values candidates who are the best fit for our department. The City of Flushing currently offers 12 hour shifts, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement under the MERS defined contribution pension system, vacation, sick compensated time off, holiday pay, longevity pay, and all equipment provided. The City of Flushing is a full-service city with approximately 9,000 residents and a classic downtown area. The City of Flushing hosts a variety of unique seasonal events and community gatherings. The City of Flushing Police Department serves the community by protecting citizens and property, preventing crime, enforcing laws, and maintaining order. Our departments main goal is to contribute to the exceptional quality of life in the City of Flushing.
The City of Flushing Police Department is comprised of 10 Full Time sworn police officers and 7 Part Time sworn police officers that cover the residential and commercial areas around our city.
- Must be MCOLES licensed
- Willingness to submit to a thorough background investigation designed to measure the applicants suitability for police work
- Possession of a valid drivers license
- Must possess a satisfactory driving record
- Must pass an employment interview, background investigation, physical, psychological and drug screen
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please email cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Sgt. Scott Matzke at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Flushing is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Closing Date: 05/31/2022
Contact Person: Sgt. Scott Matzke