Rogers City Police Department: Full-time Police Officer/Entry Level or Experience Officer Closing Date: September 30, 2022
May 10, 2022
Candidate must be M.C.O.L.E.S. licensed or licensable at time of hire, possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record, pass a physical exam, psychological exam, drug screen, as well as a criminal and personal background investigation.
Details of employment may be obtained by calling the Chief of Police at 989-734-2191 during normal business hours. Applications for employment can be downloaded at www.rogerscity.com or obtained at City Hall.
Submit application and resume to:
City of Rogers City
ATTN: Chief of Police
193 E. Michigan Avenue
Rogers City, MI 49779
Annual starting base pay is $43,800 with a top pay of approximately $57,200 upon completion of four years of service. An increase in starting wages will be considered for candidates who have previous law enforcement experience. Additional overtime assignments available year-round.
Benefits of employment with the City of Rogers City Police Department:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage for employee, spouse and dependents.
- $1000 per month cash in Lou option for employees who opt out of medical, vision and dental coverage. Employee must provide proof of medical insurance obtained by another source.
- Life insurance coverage for employee.
- 401a defined contribution retirement plan with City of Rogers City contributing 10% of employee wage.
- Vacation time up to 160 hours per year based on number of years of service.
- Personal time up to 40 hours per year based on number of years of service.
- Sick time accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month with no cap for accrued time.
- Health care retirement savings program with the City of Rogers City contributing 3% of employee wages.
- 11 paid holidays per year
- $50 per month cell phone stipend
- $350 uniform cleaning allowance paid to employee annually
- All uniforms, equipment and firearms provided by the City of Rogers City.
The City of Rogers City is an equal opportunity employer and provider.