The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
West Bloomfield Township: Public Safety Dispatch Manager Closing Date: November 30, 2022
May 23, 2022
The Charter Township of West Bloomfield is accepting applications for a Public Safety Dispatcher Manager position at our Police Department.
Under the general direction of the Administrative Lieutenant; manages plans, directs, and regulates compliance of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) operations. The PSAP Supervisor shall assist in developing PSAP goals, policies, procedures, training and standards. Is responsible for assisting in short and long term planning, budgeting, overall organization and staffing of the PSAP. Oversees the PSAP training program, employee performance matters and recommends disciplinary remedies. Responsible for monitoring the regulatory environment for changes that affect the PSAP. Forecasts PSAP needs and assists in implement technology as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Public Safety or related field with five years’ experience in emergency communications in a supervisory /management capacity preferred.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two (2) year minimum experience with CAD software, data communications, public safety radio and console equipment.
- National Academy EMD experience preferred.
- NENA Center Manager Certification or equivalent preferred.
The salary range for this position is $61,796.80 - $85,196.80 (DOQ) and includes an excellent benefit package.
Applications can be obtained from our web-site at: www.wbtownship.org/jobs , the Human Resources Department, 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield or by calling 248-451-4795. Applicants must complete an employment application to be considered for this position. Resumes alone are not sufficient.
Opening Date: 5/23/2022
Closing Date: 11/30/2022
Human Resources Department
4550 Walnut Lake Road