The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Gibraltar Police Department: Public Safety Dispatcher Closing Date: July 1, 2022
May 26, 2022
Job Type: Part-time
Full Job Description
This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the Public Safety Department's communication center. The Public Safety Dispatcher answers the telephone and in person requests for service and transmits those requests to public safety personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first level contact with the general public by processing telephone, (911 System) and walk-in requests for service.
- Evaluates each request received and determines the proper response and carries out such response by dispatching the proper Public Safety staff.
- Initiates toning of EMS/FIRE via plectron and SMS Notification
- Monitor CCTV systems and notifies patrol of possible suspicious activity.
- Accurately document all calls and requests for service.
- Inputs calls for service into CAD System
- Runs request for LEIN and disseminate information to the requesting officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required to work a variety of shifts.
- Be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Be able to handle stressful situations in a calm and collective manner.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Public safety/police dispatch environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the general public and public safety agencies.
- Required to maintain a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to obtain LEIN clearance (Law Enforcement Information Network)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interview persons requesting service in a manner that solicits all pertinent information regarding the situation being reported, with the ability to communicate that information to staff person(s) in the field.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material and information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to follow complex directions, record information and accurately communicate verbally.
- Must pass conditions of a background investigation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents.
Applications are available at the Police Department front Desk or can be found under the forms tab at: http://cityofgibraltar.net/
$15.37 starting, payrate 07-01-22 $15.83. Top pay of $17.75 after one year of service.
City of Gibraltar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.