The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Westland Police Department: Full-Time Police Officer Closing Date: July 8, 2022
May 27, 2022
The City of Westland is accepting qualified applicants to fill immediate openings for the position of full-time Police Officer (Academy not needed at time of application)
The Westland Police Department is accepting applicants from people who are:
- Certified or certifiable Police Officers.
- Applicants who are currently attending a Law Enforcement Basic Training Academy.
- Applicants who provide proof of successful completion of the MCOLES physical and written tests AND either possesses an Associate or higher degree from an accredited college or university, or is currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with 30 credits or more achieved.
Applicants must be a citizen of the United States, not less than 21 years of age; High School Diploma or GED (presented with application); valid driver license (required at time of application). Applications are available online only at: https://www.cityofwestland.com/236/Fire-Police-Employment-Applications
Applications must be postmarked, email delivered to Clerk@CityofWestland.com, or received at the Westland City Clerk's Office inside Westland City Hall 36300 Warren Road, Westland, Michigan, on or before 4:00 PM on July 8th, 2022. Applications received after or postmarked after this deadline will not be considered.
Fringe benefits include:
- Uniform allowance, holiday pay, weapons qualification pay, optical, medical and hospitalization insurance, dental, vacation, sick and personal leave days, life insurance and pension. A detailed description follows.
- Starting salary/compensation package of $53,804 (prior experience will start at a higher pay rate)
- Top salary/compensation package of $86,841
- Defined Benefit Pension plan with a multiplier of 2.25
- Top vacation accrual of 260 hours per year
- 18 hours of sick time per month
- A bonus of 48 hours of vacation time per year will be added to your bank if less than 48 hours of sick time are used
- At the employee's option, excess sick hours are paid off at 100% for anything over 400 hours per year
- Vacation hours above 240 will be paid off at 100% each year
- 15 Paid holidays
- 72 hours of personal time per year
The Westland Police Department also offers many different assignments and opportunities for advancement. If you have any questions about the contract or what the department has to offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 07/08/2022
Website Link: https://www.cityofwestland.com/236/Fire-Police-Employment-Applications