The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Charter Township of Genesee: Code Enforcement Officer Closing Date: July 1, 2022
June 01, 2022
PART-TIME CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
The Charter Township of Genesee is currently accepting employment applications for a part time Ordinance Enforcement Officer. The goals of the Code Enforcement department are to obtain voluntary compliance with the local ordinances and state law.
WAGE: Twenty-Five (25.00) Dollars Per Hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Work with Township residents and businesses located in the Township to gain compliance with local ordinances and building codes.
- Enforces compliance with various Township ordinances including weeds, housing, building, zoning, refuse, and any other related codes or ordinances.
- Conducts field inspections to identify junk automobiles, dangerous structures, refuse, noxious weed growth and other areas where violation may occur and advises property owners and/or tenants of the need for compliance with applicable ordinances.
- Investigates alleged violations, issues violation notices, and issues appearance tickets when other ordinances and codes under the jurisdiction, and appears in court as needed to testify.
- Maintains adequate records and reports associated with the above duties. Maintains records of all applicable enforcement activity.
- Answers inquiries of residents and others concerning code requirements.
- Assists in office duties (including permit issuance). Provides verbal and written reports documenting work activity as requested by the Building Official and/or Township Supervisor.
- Other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to compose concise accurate reports
- Basic computer knowledge and ability
- Prior law enforcement experience is preferred
- Able to pass background check, and required pre-employment screening
- Maintain reliable attendance
- Able to work professionally with co-workers and the public
Applications will be accepted via USPS or in person at the Genesee Township Administration Building located at 7244 N. Genesee Rd., Genesee, MI 48437 until July 1st, 2022 at 5 p.m.
The Charter Township of Genesee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 07/01/2022
Contact Person: Township Supervisor Daniel Eashoo