The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Paw Paw Village Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: June 21, 2022
June 06, 2022
The Paw Paw Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer.
The Village of Paw Paw is located in Western Michigan and is the Van Buren County seat. Paw Paw has approximately 3,700-year-round residents with award winning businesses and proactive community members.
The Paw Paw Police Department has an authorized strength of 10 sworn officers, one of which is part-time. The Police Department is committed to a strategic plan revolving around a community policing strategy.
The Paw Paw Police Department will be accepting applications for qualified candidates starting June 7, 2022 through June 21, 2022 or until the position is filled. The police department hopes to hire one new officer by July 14, 2022.
The minimum requirements for employment are:
- 21 years of age
- High School graduate or G.E.D. (college preferred)
- No felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by case basis
- Possess a valid driver’s license and very good driving record
- M.C.O.L.E.S licensed or licensable
- U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Benefits & Wages
Starting pay $26.11 per hour, after 3 years $30.68
- Health Insurance
- MERS retirement / 2.5 Multiplier
- Sick Time, Personal Time, Vacation Time
- Holiday pay
- Uniform and Equipment Provided
- $3,000.00 Signing Bonus
For applications go to http://www.pawpaw.net or contact Office Manager, Teresa Svilpe at 269-657-5501. To apply; please submit a resume and your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted or post-marked by June 21, 2022.