The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Montmorency County Sheriff's Office: Road Patrol Deputy (2 open positions) Closing Date: December 31, 2022
June 07, 2022
The Montmorency County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for 2 open Road Patrol Deputy positions. Applicants must be M.C.O.L.E.S. certified or certifiable by the date of hire. Applicants must successfully complete the pre-employment screening process.
Starting wage is between $22.03/hour and $22.77/hour depending upon the applicants’ level of applicable experience.
Applications can be picked up in person at the Montmorency County Sheriff’s Office (11045 M-32 W, Atlanta, MI 49709) or obtained on the County website at www.montmorencycountymichigan.us
Primary functions of the job include, but not limited to:
- Responding to emergency calls
- Patrol roadways
- Identify and intercept illegal behavior
- Assist other law enforcement agencies
- Work closely with area schools/TEAM mentor program
- Prepare timely and accurate investigative reports
- Appear and testify in court/provide court security
- Opportunity to participate in multi-jurisdictional drug task force
- Opportunity to participate in multi-jurisdictional emergency response team (ERT)
- Transportation of prisoners
- Serve subpoenas, warrants, civil process and other legal documents.
- Opportunities for ORV, Snowmobile and Marine Patrol
- All other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent, Associates degree or higher is preferred
- Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable
- Applicants must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving history
- Must have no felony convictions
- Must be no less than 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background, psychological evaluation and drug screening
- Must be a US citizen
- Must meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Application and resume must be completed prior to consideration
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is $22.03/hour to $23.68/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Medical insurance, including vision is provided by the employer with 20% employee contribution
- Dental Insurance
- County funded life insurance
- Retiree Health Savings Plan
- Holiday pay
- Shift premium pay
- Long term/Short term disability insurance
- Employee matched defined contribution plan/vesting at 5 years
- Paid vacation and personal time
- All uniforms, weapons and equipment provided by the employer
- Tax free 457 deferred compensation options
Montmorency County is located between Gaylord and Alpena and is home to over 600 square miles of the best hunting/fishing opportunities in the State, including several blue-ribbon trout streams and an abundance of other wildlife, including our majestic elk herd! Montmorency County is also home to hundreds of miles of some of the best ORV and Snowmobile trails in the State. Located less than a half hour from Lake Huron, Montmorency County is great destination for an outdoor enthusiast, yet a short drive from the conveniences of the city.
Although Montmorency County has less than 10,000 full time residents, our office has tremendous support from our local community! We pride ourselves in collaborating with our citizens on issues that affect our community in effort to ensure that it remains a great place to enjoy retirement or raise a family! If this sounds like an environment you would enjoy working in, we encourage you to apply with us!
Montmorency County is an equal opportunity employer.