The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Owosso Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: June 23, 2022
June 08, 2022
The City of Owosso Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for full-time position(s) of Police Officer. The City of Owosso is the largest city in Shiawassee County. Owosso has approximately 15,000 year-round residents with award winning businesses and proactive community members.
The Owosso Police Department will be accepting applications for qualified candidates starting June 8, 2022 through June 23, 2022 or until the positions are filled. The police department hopes to hire two new officers by August 1, 2022.
Wages and benefits include:
- Starting Wage: $49,380/year
- Top wage after 4 years: $66,525/year
- Officers with prior law enforcement experience will be compensated according to their experience and time on the job.
- Pension: MERS Hybrid Plan, DB and DC.
- Healthcare Package: medical, dental, and vision coverages for officer and eligible dependents.
- Vacation and paid holidays.
- All uniforms, equipment and dry cleaning provided at no expense.
- 12 hour shifts.
- Beards and tattoos allowed per policy.
- Lateral movement opportunities: Narcotics Detective, School Resource Officer and Court-Community Policing Officer.
- Promotional opportunities: Sergeant, Detective Sergeant and Lieutenant.
The minimum requirements for employment with our department are:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess and maintain a valid operator's license.
- Be a citizen of the United States or resident alien with the right to work in the United States.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Certified or certifiable as a Police Officer in the State of Michigan, subject to verification or re- verification by a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) approved training academy or be currently enrolled in an MCOLES approved training academy and certifiable by date of hire.
Job description and application available on our website at https://www.ci.owosso.mi.us/Portals/0/Jobs/Police%20Officer%202022.pdf?ver=2022-06-08-153313-053. Please submit an application, resume and cover letter by June 23, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 989-725-0526 or mail to:
HR, City of Owosso
301 W. Main St.
Owosso, MI 48867
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Closing Date: 06/23/2022
Contact Person: Kevin Lenkart
Website Link: https://www.ci.owosso.mi.us/Portals/0/Jobs/Police%20Officer%202022.pdf?ver=2022-06-08-153313-053