The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Lansing Community College Police: FT Police Officer (2 openings) Closing Date: September 30, 2022
June 14, 2022
Provide law enforcement presence and service to Lansing Community College in a professional, courteous and timely fashion. Must demonstrate a commitment to the diversity of a multi-cultural population, as well as work effectively in a team-based environment, seeking continuous improvement and adherence to the community college philosophy.
- Valid Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) police certification, or having met the requirements to be MCOLES certified upon hiring, including meeting the minimum MCOLES employment standards, including written and physical agility skills.
- Must have attained the age of 21 years of age.
- Must be in good physical health, pass a physical examination, pass a psychological examination, pass a criminal record check, pass a driving record check, pass a drug screen, and have vision correctable to 20/20.
- Individuals that are currently certified as police officers outside of the state of Michigan will be required to attend and successfully complete the “Recognition of Prior Training and Experience” program (accelerated Michigan certification process) prior to issuance of final offer of employment.
- Individuals in state or out of state, whose police certification has lapsed within 1 year of your last official certification date, will be required to attend and successfully complete the “Recognition of Prior Training and Experience” program (accelerated Michigan certification process) prior to issuance of final offer employment.
- Associate’s Degree in a Criminal Justice related field preferred.
- Previous campus law enforcement experience preferred.
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.