The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Milan Police Department: Full-time and Part-time Police Officer Closing Date: August 29, 2022
June 29, 2022
The City of Milan Police Department is a small family-oriented agency serving a population of approximately 6,100 residents. We are seeking self-motivated law enforcement professionals for the position of full time Police Officer and part time Police Officer who will be able to work closely with other police officers to maintain a high quality of life for all Milan residents, businesses, and guests through the enforcement of laws and ordinances, as well as through excellence in customer service. Candidates must be MCOLES certified or certifiable. The candidate must pass a physical exam, drug & alcohol testing, and criminal & personal background checks as required.
The City of Milan offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous time off including paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick time
- Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS) retirement (Defined Contribution) with a generous 8.5% match
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Uniform and equipment provided, including annual uniform and cleaning allowance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Fitness incentive program
- Special assignments: DEA, SWAT, Detective Bureau, Evidence Technician, and K9
- 12 hours shifts (0600-1800 days & 1800-0600 nights) with three day weekends (Thu-Sat or Fri-Sun) twice per month
- Generous overtime opportunities including traffic grants and Stone Garden
- External vest carriers
- Facial hair permitted
- Generous tattoo/body art policy (not above the collar or below the wrist, exception made for ring tattoo)
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the City of Milan and the Police Officers Association of Michigan union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Pay Range Information
The pay range for Police Officers is $49,504.00 to $71,032.00.
Milan Police Department offers a competitive salary package with salary step increases for those applicants with prior police experience.
The full salary range for Police Officers who have completed a one year probationary period is $61,110.40 - $71,032.00 and can be found in the POAM bargaining agreement.
Applications can be found on the City of Milan website at www.milanmich.org
Please submit applications in person, by mail to Milan Police Department, 35 Neckel Court, Milan, MI 48160 or by email to email@example.com
The City of Milan is an equal opportunity employer, seeking applicants without regard to race, gender or other protected status.
Closing date: August 29, 2022
Contact person: Lt Nieman
Phone Number: 734-439-1551