The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Bath Township Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: August 1, 2022
July 06, 2022
The Bath Township Police Department is currently accepting applications and resumes from qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have reached 21st birthday at time of appointment
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess a minimum Associate's Degree
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, physical examination, psychological examination and drug screening test
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Must be either certified or certifiable as a police officer by M.C.O.L.E.S. before 08/01/2022.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Starting base pay $53,791
- PHP Health Insurance
- Optical Insurance
- Optical/Dental/Medical Reimbursement
- Delta Dental for employees? minor children
- Short/Long Term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
- Longevity Pay
- $50,000 employer paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Education bonuses
- Physical fitness bonuses
- MERS Defined Benefit B-4 Retirement Plan F55(20), E-2 Cola.
- *New employees having prior law enforcement experience may be given seniority for pay purposes only, which in the judgment of the Police Chief, properly reflects said employee's value to Bath Charter Township.
**************Lateral Transfers from other agencies, will be considered***************
*See the current CBA agreement between the Bath Charter Township Board of Trustees and the Police Officers Labor Council for specific pay/benefits.
Applications can be obtained at the Bath Township Police Department, and the Bath Township Administrative Office, located at 14480 Webster Road, Bath MI 48808. Applications are also available online at https://bathtownship.us/.
Applications and Resume must be submitted with a handwriting sample. The sample form is included with the application packet and must be filled out in your own handwriting.
All application materials must be received no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, August 1, 2022