The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Ypsilanti Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: December 31, 2022
July 06, 2022
The City of Ypsilanti is accepting applications for multiple vacancies for the position of Police Officer. Both Certifiable and Lateral Transfers are encouraged to apply. Position(s) are open until filled!
Salary/Benefits (currently under contract negotiations):
- Starting Pay: $47, 625 or $52,132 (with 2 years prior service) & Top Pay of $73,425.
- 12hr Shifts
- BCBS Healthcare with City funded deductible
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 25 Years of Service/No Age Requirement
- Optional External Vest Carriers
- Tattoo and Beard Policy
See attached link to Union Contract below for further details https://www.cityofypsilanti.com/DocumentCenter/View/2493/POAM-2019-2022?bidId=
Extra Duty Opportunities:
- Various in-house instructor positions including but not limited to: FTO, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Taser, OC Spray.
- Crisis Intervention
- Dive Team
- Accident Reconstruction
- Evidence Technician
- Detective Bureau
- Accreditation Manager
- Highschool Diploma or GED (college degree encouraged)
- MCOLES Certified or current enrolled in a Police Academy with successful completion
- Valid Michigan Driver's license
- U.S Citizen
How to Apply / Further Duties and Responsibilities
Closing Date: 12/31/2022
Contact Person: Sgt. Ashley Kofahl