The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Melvindale Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: August 17, 2022
July 14, 2022
APPLICANTS MUST AT TIME OF APPLICATION AND TIME OF HIRE:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid Michigan Operator's license and meet minimum driving requirements.
- Have successfully completed the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES Training requirements Basic Police Academy or currently enrolled in a Michigan recognized MCOLES licensed standard Police Academy.
- Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery.
- Have completed two years of credits from accredited college or university i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associates degree from an accredited institution), or have two years of sworn Police Officer experience in the last three years.
- Starting base salary is $48,471.00
- Up to 5 year lateral experience pay.
- 401 retirement (5% employee 10% City) with option of 457B match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental benefits
You can obtain an application on our website at: http://www.melvindale.org/
Please return employment applications and requested documentation to the Melvindale Police Department at 3100 Oakwood Blvd. Melvindale, MI 48122.
Applicant must present college transcript, driver's license, birth certificate, and MCOLES Certification if completed.
Completed applications must be postmarked or delivered in person to the Melvindale Police Department by Wednesday August 17th 2022. Applications or documents received or postmarked after Friday Wednesday August 17th 2022 will not be considered.