The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Oakland Community College: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: October 25, 2022
July 25, 2022
Responsible for the service, safety and security of all College properties, faculty, staff, student body, guests and visitors during the assigned tour of duty. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment. This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required -
- Prevention and suppression of crime.
- Protection of life and property.
- Development, implementation and supervision of assigned areas of public safety specialties.
- Preservation of the peace.
- Enforcement of state statutes, approved ordinances and College regulatory matters.
- Apprehension and protection of offenders.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
Must be licensed or licensable through MCOLES.