The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
West Bloomfield Township: Police Officer Closing Date: August 23, 2022
July 28, 2022
West Bloomfield Township is accepting applications for Police Officer. In order to be considered, you must submit a completed application and required documents by Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
NEW COMPENSATION PROGRAM!!!! Police Officers that are currently certified/licensed by MCOLES and have at least 2 full years of employment as a full time Police Officer with a governmental law enforcement agency are eligible for our new compensation program based on full time experience.
- Starting (Non Lateral)- $55,432.69
- 2 Years -$62,538.48
- 3 years - $69,651.34
- 4 years - $74,892.69
Current Police Officer pay progresses up to $80,321.19. We have a generous fringe benefit package that includes; pension, medical, prescription and dental/vision coverage. Police Officers making a lateral move to our department are also given 5 vacation days after 6 months of employment.
- Must be certified/licensed police officer in the State of Michigan prior to the beginning of employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have an associate degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at time of application.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur’s license.
- Must successfully pass the written examination given by EMPCO with score of 80% or better at time of application.
- Must submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting, photograph, and DNA collection.
- Must successfully pass a medical examination, including drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination.
- See hiring policy for further requirements.
To schedule testing, complete a profile, and take a test for this position, please go to www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The deadline for testing is Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
In order to be considered, you MUST submit a completed application and testing must be completed by Tuesday, August 23, 2022. In addition to the application, please submit a copy of your MCOLES and EMPCO written test results showing your name, score and the date of the results.
Also, if you are a current or recent Police Academy student or graduate, you must also submit a copy of your MCOLES physical agility test results. For our employment application, job description, hiring policy and benefit information, please visit www.wbtownship.org/jobs.
All documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 8/23/2022