The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Petoskey Public Safety Department: Public Safety Officer Closing Date: August 26, 2022
July 29, 2022
The City of Petoskey now plans to develop an eligibility list for use in filling vacancies within full-time Public Safety Officer personnel positions. These positions provide special opportunities for persons who are alert, physically fit, and interested in community service employment that carries with it considerable responsibilities. Persons holding certifications in law enforcement, firefighting, and emergency medical techniques, or who have the ability to obtain certifications in all these areas, would be encouraged to apply.
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Have a High School Diploma or GED;
- Have a valid Michigan Driver's License;
- Successfully complete oral, and physical fitness examinations;
- Undergo psychological screening and medical examinations, including a drug screen; and
- Pass a background investigation.
The following qualifications are preferred but not necessary for application:
- Be currently certified or certifiable under the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards,
- Possess Michigan certifications as a Firefighter 1 and 2,
- Certification as a Basic Emergency Medical Technician,
- Possess a 2-year or 4-year college degree.
The City of Petoskey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and pledged to non-discrimination in employment as required by law.
Petoskey Public Safety Officers perform year-round public service work protecting life and property through enforcing laws along with combating and extinguishing fires - often under emergency conditions involving personal hazards ? and performing emergency medical services. Public Safety Officers also handle routine police and fire patrols, respond to calls for police, fire, and medical assistance, and perform a variety of police and fire related duties.
Closing Date: 08/26/2022
Contact Person: Sarah Bek
Website Link: https://www.petoskey.us/how_do_i/apply_for/job_openings.php