The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
St. Ignace Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: October 1, 2022
August 05, 2022
The City of St. Ignace is accepting applications for an open Full time Police Officer position. Interested applicants must submit a completed application and required documents. Resumes and completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to:
St. Ignace City Hall
396 N. State St
St. Ignace MI 4978
Applications can be obtained at https://www.cityofstignace.com/ in the We're hiring section.
- Starting (Non-Lateral) ? $43,056
- Officers top out in three years, with a current base at that level of $49,920.
- MERS retirement.
- A 457 deferred compensation program is available.
- Health insurance with dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Lateral transfers starting pay may be considered/negotiated.
- This position will be a 12-hour shift.
- Shift differential
- 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent community to serve.
- Must be licensable or a licensed police officer in the State of Michigan to apply.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have no felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at the time of application.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan driver's license.
- Must submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting, and photograph.
- Must successfully pass a medical examination, including a drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological examination.
Current or recent Police Academy students or graduates should also submit a copy of their MCOLES physical agility test results.
For more information, please contact Chief Tony Brown at 906-643-6077