The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Hazel Park Police Department: Full-time Police Officer Closing Date: February 28, 2023
August 09, 2022
- $49,963.90 - $75,140.00 with $1500 Bonus paid upon hire and for successful completion of Year 1
- $600 bonus every contract year
- $350 annual educational benefit
- $250 quarterly uniform allowance
- 457 plans with Nationwide and Equivest where Employer contributes 50% for every dollar put in by Employee up to a certain price point per current CBA
Medical, Dental, Optical, Life Insurance and Defined Benefit Pension through MERS
12 Hour Shifts as assigned
60 Hours of accredited college coursework with a minimum 2.0 GPA. Education waived if MCOLES licensed in Michigan as a police officer.
Candidates must be MCOLES licensed or currently enrolled in a fully accredited Police Academy and licensable in Michigan as a police officer at time of a conditional job offer. Proof of successful completion of the academy must be submitted within fourteen (14) days of graduation or applicant will be disqualified.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application packets can be picked up at the front desk of the police station, located at 111 E. Nine Mile Rd, Hazel Park, MI, 48030. Contact Det. Janeen Laity (Ext. 345), Det./Lt. William Hamel or Chief Buchholz at the Hazel Park Police Department with any questions or concerns.
Hazel Park Police Department is looking for conscientious, committed Police Officers to further the City’s commitment to quality service!
OPENING DATE: 8-09-2022
TELEPHONE: 248-542-6161 Ext. 0