The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Dearborn Police Department: Police Officer Closing Date: February 28, 2023
August 17, 2022
Come join our family! The Dearborn Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
The Dearborn Police Department is an Accredited Agency that employs approximately 190 sworn police personnel. The city of Dearborn is the 6th largest city in Michigan and employs the 4th largest city police department in the state of Michigan.
- Starting pay is $54,476 with a top salary of $76,991 after four years. Top salary of $84,780 with holidays and allowances.
- MERS Defined Benefit Pension with 2.8% Multiplier
- Option to Purchase 3 Years of Police/Military Service
- HAP and Blue Cross Health Insurance
- 12 Hour Patrol Schedule
- Relaxed Beard and Tattoo Policy
- Outer Carrier Vests Approved
- 200 Hours of Paid Vacation Annually
- 96 Hours of Paid Sick Leave Annually with Sell Back Option
- 13 Paid Holidays Annually
- Longevity Pay
- Gun and Clothing Allowance
- Tuition Re-Imbursement
In addition to Patrol, the Dearborn Police Department offers:
- Narcotics Unit
- Special Operations Unit
- Task Force Positions with the FBI, ATF, DEA and United States Marshal Service
- Detective Bureau, with one of the only Polygraph Units in the area
- Crime Lab
- K-9 Unit
- SWAT Team
- Bomb Squad
- Drone Team
- Community Policing Unit
- Youth Bureau, including School Resource Officers
- Day, Afternoon, and Night permanent jailer positions
- Honor Guard
- Crisis Negotiation Team
- Peer to Peer Support Team
- Fully staffed Training Office
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dearbornmi?page=1 or contact Corporal Eric Raby at email@example.com with any questions.
Opening Date: 8/17/2022
Closing Date: 2/28/2023
Contact Person: Eric Raby